Posted on January 1, 2011
2010 Vision Board Review
Welcome to 2011!!! I hope this year is filled with challenges that make you stronger, healthier and wiser!
I wanted to do a little recap on my goals from 2010.
I was skeptical with my vision board last year. I wondered if it would motivate me or make me feel bad for not making some of my goals. But tried it anyway.
I found that I kept going back to review it and liked to move my little paper icons over to the “Finish It” side. I loved the interaction & that I was able to see my progress. I need instant gratification, I guess.
Let’s see how I did…
Although I didn’t meet every single goal I set, I feel really good about meeting the big ones.
- I wanted to run 25 races, I ran 16. The only reason I didn’t hit 25 was because locally, there weren’t enough to do. Some of them fell on the same day so I had to choose. I realize now it’s not about the quantity, but quality of how they are organized. I ran some really small town events that were fun, but the organization was terrible. Some didn’t even keep track of the results. :( But overall I absolutely love racing and find that I’m really motivated afterwards! * You can find all of my race recaps here.
- Run a half marathon. Yeppers, did that!
- Run 500 miles. Smashed that too! I ran a total of 580 miles. I actually met my goal in mid-November.
- Eat clean. Let’s just say I went with the 80/20 rule here. :) Overall it was my healthiest year of eating by far.
- 6 pack ab’s. I did not fully achieve what I had in mind, but progress was definitely made. I’m actually thinking about doing an ab challenge & progress on here soon.
- Sub 24 minute 5K didn’t happen, but I did set a new P.R.
Did you meet your goals? Tell me! I love hearing about them!
I’m working on my 2011 goals. I’ll do a post on it when I’m done.
Hope your year is off to a great start!