You guys, I had so much fun doing the duathlon, I wanted to tell y’all more about it and maybe convince you to come do it with me next year!
- It’s very organized. I never felt like I didn’t know which way to turn on the course or where the start line was. The course map is printed on the back of the race bibs too. The volunteers were so nice and helpful. I want to send a huge thank you to every one of you!!
- The weather was perfect. Not cold or hot and sunny. Plus you will get to see one of the most beautiful sunrises ever right before the start.
- It’s all along the beach. How could you not love it!?
- The long sleeve shirt with a hood is way too cute. It’s just about the only one I’ll actually wear.
- The race results are posted right after the race and online that afternoon. Waiting days or weeks for them is one of my pet peeves so this alone wins me over big time. Speaking of, here are my official results.
- The entry fee for the duathlon a few weeks before the race was $85. I feel like it’s a fair price for what you get. Of course if you sign up early, it’s less.
- The finishers necklace is a really cool idea and cute too. It’s something I’ll be able to wear unlike a medal. Although I love my medals a little more.
The only con I can think of is when Mike pointed out at the end. We went to the transition area to get my bike, and there wasn’t anyone there checking wrist bands. It’s kinda unsettling to think there were thousands if not millions of dollars worth of bikes & gear chilling and anyone could have walked away with anything, no questions asked.
And because y’all haven’t seen enough of me, here’s a video Mike took as I was running to the finish line. Funny thing is I never heard or saw him. Guess I was too focused on the finish line.
Thank you Mike!!
Oh and for the record, I’m not from Elk Grove. I don’t even know where it is. Ha!
Now I really need to get back to my new favorite pass time, having a conversation with Siri.
Every day I ask her how many days until Christmas. I could subtract a day, but it’s more fun to make her tell me. Besides she is a sassy one. The other day I asked her what is my name and she said your name is Jacqueline, at least that’s what you told me.
I also told her I am tired. And she said now listen to me Jacqueline, put your iPhone down and take a nap. I’ll wait here for you.
Man, I need a friend. Hah!
What was your favorite race ever? Why?
When do you start shopping for Christmas?