Posted on October 14, 2012
A little about me
Hello to all of my new readers!!
Thank you all so much for stopping by.
I figured I’d tell you a little about myself and hopefully don’t scare you off.
I’m hoping you’ll do the same so I don’t feel like a turd. Mmmkay.
Here we go…
- I love running and probably talk about it way too much. The more it hurts, the more I dig it. It’s a sickness.
- The half marathon is my favorite distance. It’s the perfect amount of torture. 5k’s kill me but somehow I still find myself at the start line…
- I also like to cross train on my road bike. I refuse to do anything other than tan in a pool, so no triathlons for me.
- If I’m not at home, I’m probably running, at Target, Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, taking one of my elderly friends grocery shopping or the dog park.
- The neon running colors are my favorite trend ever. It’s finally cool to be obnoxious.
- My husband, Mike & I live in Mountain View, CA with our Jack Russell, Bam. We moved to the bay area from the sticks just outside Fresno a year ago tomorrow.
We’ve been together for 10 years, married for 6 and a half.
- I have in irrational fear of snakes and people/me puking. I instantly get anxious and would climb a wall to escape if I could. I am a peach.
- I don’t have a “real people” job. Mike works full time and I take care of everything else. Literally. I’m a volunteer at the senior center to take elderly folks grocery shopping. I also do friendly visits where I swing by and chat with them for a bit. It is incredibly fulfilling! This makes both of us very happy. So I guess that makes me a stay at home………….wife?
- My little grandma Lucille is my most favorite person ever. And yes, she’s on Facebook every day and can out walk 99% of the population. I miss living close to her.
- I’m hoping Mizuno will read my blog one day, think I’m cool & kick down a pair of Wave Riders. But so far all I hear are crickets.
- I’m determined to complete whatever I put my mind to. This is when my stubbornness comes in handy.
- My dream house is on the Central Coast of California with a couple acres and 22 dogs running around playing. Mike agrees with everything but the 22 dogs.
- I’m a clean freak. Our entire bedding and towels are all crisp white and I would be devastated if I had any other color. <-first world problems
- Salty > sweet. Give me salt & vinegar chips, big pickles and lemons. Especially after a long run. It’s the best.
Do I have any readers after this?? Ha!
I’m done talking about myself now. Tell me about yourself. If you have a blog, feel free to link to it.