If you know me, then chances are you found the title of this post a little comical. You see, I am not politically correct or a people pleaser. I do my best to keep the peace and don’t try to make waves, but I don’t stay awake at night worrying about offending people. I do however have manners.
I just thought of that episode in The Girls Next Door when Kendra hired an etiquette professional to help her. It was hilarious! Man, I miss that show.
Moving on, here are a couple things I learned over the years about running & racing etiquette. I actually do follow.
- Slower runners keep to the right.
- Avoid sudden stops in the middle of the course.
- Let faster runners pass. Don’t hog the course, especially on tight trails.
- Run facing traffic, but on the right side on trails.
- Warn before passing someone. I usually say something like to your left.
- It’s only okay to say “ha ha I passed you sucka” in your head.
Check out this list for more a lot more. I found myself nodding at the screen more than a few times.
Any other runners etiquette and/or lingo to add?
Are you politically correct?
Heck no, I’m pretty easy going. It’s takes a lot to offend me.