Posted on May 2, 2013
May goals & Instagram link up
It’s Thursday!! Wahoo! Oh wait Mike’s working this weekend. Oh well I guess someone in this house has to work. Bam doesn’t have thumbs and he can’t read so I guess it has to be Mike.
After Tuesday’s craptastic run I took it as a sign to take a full rest day on Wednesday. Why is it so hard to not workout? I felt like I should at least do a little strength training, but talked myself out of it and cleaned the house instead.
I’m ready to get back out there today!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know the good news.
59 miles running
I’m back to my pre injury running mileage and it feels so good!! Incredible actually!!
(at the finish line after riding the metric century in the CA Classic 2011)
I was injured for so long that I learned to not set goals because when I did I had to back out. I want to get out of that mindset and set a few attainable late spring/summer goals.
- Complete the CA Classic at the end of this month. I’m coming to the tail end of training for this and I’m really excited about it. I just need to get in those last few confidence building long rides & runs.
- Start trail running. Just like trying anything new, I plan to ease into this. I don’t think I will fully transition into it (I love running flat half marathons) but I really want to give it a shot. There are tons of trails I want to explore and I think running it would be so fun.
- Do a late summer trail race. I’m thinking 5 miles or a 10K. If you’re in the bay area and know of a good one, please let me know. Bonus points if you want to run it with me and have coffee after.
- I’m thinking about trading in my road bike for a mountain bike. Any thoughts on this?
- Find a race along the Central Coast. This has proved to be a little harder than I anticipated.
- Continue staying in half marathon shape.
- Find a fall half marathon.
I’m sure I’ll be adding a few more things along the way but I feel like it’s a good start.
In other news the Nuun addiction continues…
I hear the Cherry Limeade is killer so I can’t wait to give it a try. Plus it has my friend, caffeine.
Something to think about:
How many miles did you train in April?
What are your late spring/summer goals?
Let’s do a social media link up! Leave your Instagram handle if you have one.