Inspiration board, 2014

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on by .

I’m not much of a New Years Resolution kinda chick, I prefer to think of a couple goals I’d like to work towards + accomplish throughout the year to focus on.  I usually do an inspiration board because I find that having a visual reminder helps keep me focused + on track.

Along with a vision board, this year I’m adding a line that often comes to me: do what I love.  It’s simply a reminder to constantly love what I do.  I am very passionate about everything I do – I promised myself that when or if I ever loose my passion for whatever I’m doing, it’s time to l reevaluate and/or walk away.

I’ll talk about my inspiration board in a bit, but first I want to talk about my main goal for 2014 – is to race.  I don’t even care what distance, I just want to race!

It’s crazy how I feel like myself when I’m out on the trail.  Having a race to train for keeps me motivated to run.  Training makes me happy, so it’s one big circle of happiness.

Major bonus points for Mizuno designing my favorite version of the WR yet.  I never want to take these babies off.

2013-12-27 14.34.38 VB

Stay tuned for a full review on the new 17’s later this week!

Here is my 2014 inspiration board.  I’m pretty excited darn about it!

IMG_1249

It’s a nice mix of goals + inspirational words to help keep me motivated, not overwhelmed.

• Love what I do
  • Live with intention
  • Passion
  • Fearless
  • Do
  • In the moment
  • Create
  • Race
  • Shine
  • Grow our savings
  • Coffee, duh.  Winking smile
  • Obtain CCW

IMG_1256

The board is also interactive which is pretty cool.  When I complete a race, I move one of the runner chicks to the 100% side.  I already have one over there.  Boom!

IMG_1259

What are your goals/inspirational words for 2014?

How do you keep yourself motivated throughout the year?

What goals did you accomplish last year?

30 thoughts on “Inspiration board, 2014

1. Michelle

I REALLY need to do this! I think that will be my January project! I love the idea of racing this year as I have the same goal! I love the runner chick to be moved over to one side after a race! I am totally down with this! Any tips you have for me as far as a board goes shoot them my way !! My goals… I have many, first & foremost to remove anything or anyone in my life that doesn’t “help” me. No more negativity. WIth that I belive that everythign else will fall into place!

1. Jacqueline Post author

I’m so not creative at all so I’m sure you can totally do this. I picked up craft tape, pearl black paper & a neon pink pen at the craft store. Then I cut out words & pics from old magazines – totally the cheap route. :)

2. Ashley @ Broc Blog

Oh my gosh thats such a cute idea. I just have a whiteboard where I write reminders to myself and I stay motivated by signing up for races so if I dont get my but in gear those races wont be pretty.

3. Gabriela

That’s awesome :D i need a board !!! lol .
    So far my MAIN goal is for my birthday to do 31 miles I really really would love to accomplish it so i’m already working on it because i only got until July 3rd :p .
    Aside from doing my birthday run, i am running the Rock and Roll Seattle Marathon ….maybe half? it’s in June and really don’t know if it’d be to much for my body, we’ll see. I would love to do the Chocolate 5k run hehe and for sure I’m doing the Seattle Marathon next December hehe.
    Last year i only did the Seattle Torchlight 8k run and the Seattle half marathon so this year i really would like to accomplish big big miles hehe

4. Courteney

I did this two years ago and made it the wallpaper on my computer that way it was always there…reminding me. I love your colors and how interactive it is! Can’t wait to watch you move those runner girls over to the 100% complete side!

My word for 2014 is dedicated….to myself, to my family/friends. to my work, and to the TTP.

5. sonia the mexigarian

love the idea. especially those little running ladies and moving them over. very cool. I stay motivated with training by signing up for races. :) I accomplished my completely random marathon goal and my word for the year I think would have to be balance. I suck at balancing things. I’m all in or hardly at all.

I LOVE the idea of an inspiration board! My goals are divided between personal, fitness, and career goals. I made about 3 in each category but they are all attainable with focus. I don’t like to make crazy goals that are going to be too much to obtain – but I am really excited about what 2014 has in store!

7. Carson

Dang… I really want to go buy myself a board now. Love the idea of being able to look at it every day as a reminder of where I’m going.

8. BreannaS

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your inspiration board. You have given me inspiration to start working on one of my own tomorrow.
    P.S. Is three loves a few too many?

9. Jill

I have been wanting to do a vision board for some time and thinking 2014 will be the year! I love yours and think it’s a good way to set a focus for the year. I am interested to know what CCW stands for!

10. Rachel

SUCH a cute idea! I wish I could be that creative. If I tried, it would end up looking like a kindergartener designed it. :-D I live vicariously through people who have a creative mind set. I love your goals!!

11. Kristen

I have an inspiration poster but I love the idea of the moveable runner chicks! Hmmm I see a visit to the craft store in my future ;)

12. Pingback: My First Ever Five Things Friday | Will Run for Boston