Good morning friends!! It’s Monday and I am ready to make this week awesome. Weird but fun fact, Monday is my favorite day of the week. Please don’t send hate mail.
It’s a chance to press the reset button, set some mini goals for the week, and if all else fails only a few more days before I get to start over. I like to take it a week at a time. It’s more manageable and I love to focus more on things that are important to me that week.
I’m doing good with the strength training challenge. I’ve increased my hip hikes from 3 X 20 to 3 X 30 and I’m ready to bump them up again this week. My plank times are improving as well. Wahoo! Just 2 weeks into the challenge I’m already feeling much stronger. I can’t wait to see my progress at the end of the month.
If you’re looking for some strength training exercises, check out this chicks blog. She rocks!
We are going into the 3rd week of this challenge, which sometimes means it can be difficult to keep the momentum. When I’m not feeling it, I think about all of the progress + effort I already put in. That’s usually enough to get me going. Also I timed myself doing 3 different exercises just to see how long it really takes, turns out it’s about 12 minutes. Yah, I can totally carve out 12 minutes to git er done!
This weeks mini goals:
- Run 3 days. When I run regularly, I feel like myself if that makes any sense. That and I freaking love running!
- Strength train 3 days, increase reps + hopefully plank time. I’m on a roll and want to keep going.
- Meal plan. This is something I always want to do. I see so many of you on Instagram post pic about it, but I’m not much of a cook. This week I want to grocery shop with intention instead of throwing whatever in the cart. Feel free to send your favorite clean recipes my way, I need all the help I can get.
- I also want to focus more on eating healthy this week. I usually do well, but I know I can do better.
- Take Bam to the beach. He needs some more outside time and I keep thinking about taking him so this week I want to actually do it. Plus it makes me sooo happy watching him run around like a crazy dog and exploring in the rocks as the waves crash on that little knucklehead.
Today is the last day to enter the Whole Foods gift card giveaway. I’ll pick a winner tomorrow.
How do you keep the momentum going when working towards a goal?
What are your mini goals for this week?
What is your favorite day of the week?