Posted on February 20, 2014
JayBird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth headphones review
Awhile back JayBird sent me a pair of their Freedom Sprint wireless headphones to try out. I like to take my time when doing reviews and see how the product really performs over time. I know how getting a new gadget is so fun and we sometimes overlook little flaws we don’t care for, but decide to just live with because it’s so new.
I have always fought with headphone wires while running. They won. I felt like I spent my run constantly pushing them back in, pulling the cord up blah blah blah. Well these babies fixed all of that.
At first sight I was worried they were a little bulky and that would cause them to fall out, which they did until Mike pointed out I needed to change the rubber caps to the larger set. Boom, crisis averted.
The sound is bumpin’ which makes running even more fun when my favorite song comes on. ‘Cause we can have so much fun now…
Okay I’ll stop now.
- They are wireless!! Okay not totally as they have one small wire connecting the ear buds in the back, but I don’t have to fight wires that fly down the front of me.
- They come with a lifetime warranty against sweat so you are free to torture yourself even more.
- The sound quality is freaking awesome!! They best I’ve ever had on a set of ear buds.
- Clear voice calls. My mom called while I was running and since I only use them for music, I thought it would be cool to test it out. She couldn’t even tell I was on Bluetooth headphones. We had a normal conversation and we could both hear without going uh? What was that? What did you say? 10 million times. And yes, I was that runner chick talking on her phone. Or to herself. Whatev.
- Battery life is pretty good- it says it lasts up to 6 hours, but I never timed it. It does beep in your ear about 10 times before it dies. Told ya I put these things through the ultra strict SCB test.
- Easy to sync with my devices. If this technology inept chick can do it, anyone can. Heck, even Bam could probably figure it out.
- You can control the volume, voice calls + even skip songs directly on the ear bud. Major bonus points for not making me fumble around for my cell phone to skip over a song. Miley yes, Jona’s Brothers no. I am 12.
- The only thing that would make these even better is a way to secure the wires on the back of my neck so when I turn my head to look for traffic, etc they stay put. I know, total first world problems, and I don’t even know how it would be possible, but that’s that.
My overall thoughts:
If you’re tired of fighting with headphone wires + less then awesome sound JayBird’s are the way to go. I freaking LOVE them and would be really sad if they died on me. Wow, I just got a little sad thinking about that.
Runners, what do you look for in headphones? Quality, sound, etc?
What headphones do you currently have?
What’s your current favorite running jam?
JayBird sent me a pair of Freedom Sprint headphones to review. Per usual opinions are all mine babe!