Virtual coffee date

2014-03-13 09.16.38

It’s been a long morning already, but nothing a nice run can’t fix. I hope you’re day is off to a better start than mine.  Smile

I’ve seen these virtual coffee date posts all over the blog world.  They are one of my favorite posts, so I thought it would be fun to do one.

If we were having coffee, this is what I’d tell you all about:

• I’ve had a blood draw hanging over my head for a couple weeks now and I finally made it a point to go this morning.  I mean coffee + breakfast +running > vampires.  I had to fast for 12 hours so a coffee deprived SCB is very detrimental to the world.  I made it there right after they opened, got right in.  Score.  Then I got poked 3 times.  Three.  And all I got was 2 sore, bruised arms, no blood and a giant cup of coffee after.  Nice.
  • I don’t know what a burpee is.  I’m not even sure if I want to know.
  • I am still sore from strength training the other day and I LOVE it.
  • This grandma thinks that going out to dinner is torture.  I do go out to dinner with Mike sometimes because I know how much he loves it.
  • I do the Scenic Drive in Carmel at least twice a week with the top down, a cheesy salty teeth smile the entire time.  It’s almost like it’s my first time seeing it.  Nerd alert.
  • I write 99% of my posts the morning of.  I wish I’d get my act together and have a couple pre-written posts stored away, but I don’t.
  • I’ve lived in Monterey for 4 months and still haven’t made any real life friends.  I am okay with this.
  • Mike wants to go on a vacation and either hop in the car & travel or fly to Hawaii.  I do not.
  • We will probably go on vacation.

20130518_095902

• I get to see my favorite person ever tomorrow.  Yesterday over lunch I was mentioned to Mike how much I was missing my little grandma and he said well, then jump in the car and go see her.  Well alrighty then!

Your turn!

21 thoughts on “Virtual coffee date

1. Laura@twinsontherun

Wait, wait, wait…surely I read that wrong…you don’t want to go to Hawaii, my favorite place on earth??
    I’d tell you about how I’m easing back into running and it’s going great!
    I’d tell you that I have about a million split ends and need a cut.
    I’d tell you about a little medical procedure that wasn’t supposed to hurt but made my baby scream in pain :(
    And I’d tell you that I love posts with your cute grandma and I’m so glad you get to see her!!!

1. Jacqueline Post author

Ha no, you read it right. I’m just a little nervous flying 5 hours. I’ve never flown before.
      Hope your little one is feeling better.
      Have a great weekend!

2. lilbrowngirl

Please go to Hawaii!!! If anything just take one for the team, Mike and your readers!! Think of all the amazing runs in Hawaii and the cocktails…oh and the cocktails with pineapple. I heart me some Lahina! Bikinis, t-shirts, and flip flops – I’m sold.

That’s what I would tell you back over coffee…well and that I better take a vacay :)

3. Leah

It’s ok – I moved to DC in Jul ’13 and it took until a few weeks ago to make some real life friends. Can’t rush into these things :)

If we were having coffee I’d tell you:
    -This has been the longest week over. Seriously. Is it over yet?!
    -I have met some awesome people through blogging this week and that makes me happy!
    -I will go on vacation to Hawaii for you if you don’t want to….
    -Speaking of, I need a vacation. It has been too long!

5. Courteney

Hey J,

If we were having coffee….you would have seen my mouth drop open when you mentioned that you didn’t know what a burpee was…I mean…you were asking about strength moves…HELLO burpee!!!
    - I would agree with you on going out to supper….I love firing a bunch of stuff on the stove and staying home
    - Please go to Hawaii…take one for the team like lilbrowngirl said. There are so many lush landscapes I want to see…BUT…considering the views you have every day…why would you want to go anywhere?
    -I’d complain to you about my roots and how I HAVE to get them done.
    -I’d ask you if you have any Tri workout gear…that’s what I’m looking at now. LOL

Oh girl…we’d be there for hours chatting. I can picture it now…sitting at a little cafe, laughing our heads off, taking selfies, and running along the beach!!!!

6. SweatandStilettos

1. I love burpees now that I know how to breathe through them. Well, it’s a love/hate thing.
    2. Go on vacation – especially to Hawaii.
    3. I love take-out over going out. Best of both worlds.
    4. Coffee and I are best friends also and we (you and I) could sit there for hours chatting about anything if we could meet up.
    5. I love your blog and think about it periodically when trying to write for my own. You make it seem effortless.
    6. Your husband’s little comments make me smile when I see them.
    7. Weight training is my absolute favorite just above running. The two just switched positions over the last few months.
    8. Giving blood is never fun and you should get extra sympathy all DAY, maybe 2, heck maybe through the weekend.

7. Kim

I’m sort of sad for you that you don’t know what a burpee is – you are missing out!!!
    But, I’m super excited that you are going to see your grandma – take every chance you get!!!

8. kmlrunner

Oh girl I’m with you on the NO Hawaii thing………you have just as beautiful of a view at home………..and guess what??? It’s the same Ocean over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lived there for a VERY LONG 18 months. Not going back!!!!!
    If we were having coffee I would tell you how much I LOVE THE WAVE HITOGAMI….ran in them my first time today. The 10.5 fits perfect (still think this is so bizarre)
    I would tell you I love when my son is home on Spring Break and I think these home school people are onto something ;)
    I would tell you how sad I am that my dog is getting so old the reality is that his days are numbered
    And I would buy the coffee :)

1. Jacqueline Post author

Girl, you are the best thing ever!! When I get rich, I’m going to fly you out here so we can have a real coffee date, go for a run, then go back to drinking more coffee while living the beach bum life. Deal?

9. Bernadette@http://mommaberna.blogspot.com/

I love that you get to spend time with your grandma this weekend! A coffee date with me will have you bored to tears with stories about my boys. I would also be endlessly be gushing about how beautiful Monterey Bay is. And I would totally bug you about how you get so many blog followers!