Posted on August 30, 2014
I didn’t expect…
- To see pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks already. Eventually fall and Christmas stuff will make their debut in May. Sheesh.
- The Strip in Vegas to be so clean and *mostly* bum free.
- This small town country girl/ chill beach bum didn’t expect to love Vegas. I thought I would like it, but not love it. I was already scheming for a way to go back before we got off the plane.
- To feel so small. Everything is larger than life and over the top amazing.
- To walk half as much as we did. Seriously Vegas is an illusion-everything looks close by but would take forever to walk there. This turned out to be a good way to balance out the boneless buffalo wings I ate. Ha!
- I didn’t expect to not run while on vacation. I took my fancy pants Mizunos (giveaway might be coming attcha soon. Maybe;). Turns out they were just along for the plane ride as they never came out of my suitcase.
- I didn’t expect to not want to sleep. If you know me, then you know how much I love to sleep. Not this week. Our friend came over the evening we got home, looked at me and said man, you look tired. LMBO!
- I don’t regret it one bit. Living life in the moment > anything else.
- With that said, I can’t wait to really start training for the Mermaid duathlon next week. I have a solid month to prepare and this girl is stoked! Anyone want to run + ride it with me? The price increases on the first, so get on it. Also use coupon code SKINNYCHICK10 for 10% off registration. Let me know if you will be there so I can
harassbuy you coffee.
- I didn’t expect dump Siri in Vegas. Apple does not allow bluetooth to sync with my new Galaxy Camera to send pictures over the air. I’ve been holding out for the iPhone 6, but I lost my s*** and I upgraded to the Galaxy S5. Now they talk to each other just fine and I haven’t looked back. #getittogetherapple
There is so much I still want to tell you, but we have friends coming over so I’ll share more with you later.
I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Share some things you didn’t expect.
What are your plans for this extra long weekend?
Do you workout while on vacation?
Usually yes, but every morning I woke up ready to explore so I just rolled with it.