Posted on September 9, 2014
Giveaway & Review: Mizuno Wave Sayonara 2
Happy Tuesday!! I hope your week is off to a great start, if not maybe a giveaway for a pair of running shoes will help.
Last year Mizuno launched the Wave Sayonara. These kicks were such a hit, they made a couple subtle tweeks and launched the Wave Sayonara 2 this summer. I really like running in these!
The Sayonara is a neutral running shoe, and in my opinion a very stable ride. They have the U4ic technology which delivers an optimal ride by reducing shock, increasing cushion AND are 30% lighter so you can fly!
A couple upgrades:
- Slightly wider toe box.
- Softer upper mesh which makes these a little more flexible and breathable.
I love that Mizuno takes what we, as consumers have to say about their shoes, and make improvements. I also appreciate they didn’t make extreme changes with an already awesome product. I think the small changes, are positive improvements and would not be a deal breaker for those who are so in love with the Sayonara 1’s they want to marry them.
Since I am a long time Wave Rider fan, I thing it would be helpful to point out a couple differences I noticed between the two.
- The Sayonara’s are more on the firm side, The WR have a bit more cushion.
- I feel both shoes are very stable and offer the perfect amount of support without feeling heavy.
- However the WR feel slightly more bulky as they weigh a tiny bit more.
- The toe box on is a little wider on the Sayonara. I know this was a big thing when the Wave Rider’s came out, so if that was a deal breaker for you, I would recommend giving the Sayonara 2 a try.
My only complaint:
I wear custom orthotics, which require a bit more room on the upper and laces. This might be a tough request to find a happy medium, but it would be great if there was a little more room on top to accommodate them. This goes for both styles.
Wanna win a pair? Yah, that was a dumb question.
- Follow Mizuno Running on Twitter.
- Leave a comment telling me you did or already are.
- Tell me why you want to win these super fly kicks.
Giveaway is open to US only and will end Friday, September 12. I will announce the winner in Saturday’s post.