Posted on February 12, 2015
What do you look for in a gym?
I’m sunburned, tired and happy. All the things I love!
After overdoing it a little the day before, I took yesterday nice & easy. Bam & I sunned on the patio, then went for a walk around the hood. Which means we walked 5 steps, stopped for Bam to either sniff flowers, hunt for squirrels, try to trip me or pee on bushes. Dude can not walk like a real dog on a leash to save his life.
I won’t tell you what are temps are this week, but I will wish my snowed in/cold friends some warm sunshiny weather soon.
Flowers are out and I’m not sure what these are below but they are beautiful.
Some of us do not appreciate them as much.
These numbers are much more manageable. I don’t have a partnership with fitbit, I just really love their product. It has been so helpful with recovery. I have data to help adjust my daily (sometimes hourly) activity level. There is no way I would have thought I walked 6 miles the other day. I would have underestimated and then wondered why the ole grandma hip ached. Well duh.
Yesterday over lunch I was telling Mike about how much I love our gym.
Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s close to our house. I could easily hop on the rec trail and walk or bike there.
- Everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very friendly & helpful.
- There are several employees waiting to help move, set up bikes or answer questions when I take a spin class. <-that was a pleasant surprise.
- Indoor heated pool.
- The monthly fee is reasonable for the amenities and there is no contract. <-HUGE selling point. I despise how corporate type gyms do business locking you into crazy contracts & changing the monthly dues. Just give me a dang price and stick with it.
- Tons of classes with really awesome (at least the few I’ve taken) instructors.
- There is always an employee walking around ready to assist or answer questions.
- It’s very clean.
Some things I don’t like but are not deal breakers:
- Free street parking is somewhat limited or full at the times I go, so I have to pay to park inside the gym parking log most times.
- They sell junk food at the cafe. Chips, lunchables, Hot Pockets, cookies, candy etc. I have no problem crushing a bag of chips, but this is not the place for it.
I’m off to physical therapy and a walk with Heather. I hope you are having a fantastic week!
What are some things you look for in a gym?
What is a deal breaker?
Dog owners, any tips to get Bam to walk on a leash? He sucks at it.