Posted on February 18, 2015
What energizes you?
While walking along the beach with Heather last week, she told me about a daily meditation she did and her list piqued my interest.
PS Heather, I hope you don’t mind me borrowing your idea. 🙂
What energizes you? What makes you feel happy, inspired, ready to take on anything.
At first, I didn’t even know how to answer that. Sure I think about what makes me happy and fulfilled, but I never thought to really sit down and think about things that energize me.
Since our walk, that question kinda stuck with me, so I thought I’d share a few things I discovered.
- Being outside. Nothing beats a walk or even just sitting on the patio, catching some fresh air.
- The smell of fresh cut grass. It’s such a clean scent and reminds me of playing outside while my dad mowed the lawn.
- Sitting in a coffee shop as the sun comes up, planning the day.
- The sun. Good thing I live in Cali. 🙂
- Working out.
- Fun adventures to look forward to.
- Feeling productive in the morning hours.
- Walking around the farmers market or produce section at the grocery store. #allthepossibilities
- Fresh flowers in the house.
- Experiences with Mike ->traveling, dreaming of our future, going on a long drive to nowhere, doing new to both of us stuff like hiking a new trail or trying a new restaurant.
- An unexpected day off.
- Taking a fitness class.
- Letting go of the Type A, planner and roll with things.
- Eating healthy, nourishing foods my body needs.
- Drinking fresh pressed green juice and wheatgrass shots.
- Meeting new friends who have a lot of the same hobbies I do.
- Waking up early after a great nights sleep.
- A full day when I feel great. No headache or gut issues or grandma hip.
- Watching Bam run free, off leash at the dog beach or park. I swear he smiles the whole time.
- Canceled plans. Most of the time.
Whoa, I didn’t realize my list was so long!
I was a little surprised (not exactly sure why) to find that I have control over a lot of these things. Some days I feel alive, ready to ninja kick anything that comes my way. And other days no so much. Of course that is to be expected. Not every day can be all rainbows, lollipops & unicorns. But what if I made a conscience effort to do one thing that makes me feel energized every day? What if you did too?
We could all live like Bam running free like a hippie on the beach.
Now, I challenge everyone reading this to do take some time and write down some things that make you feel energized. I would love it if you share your list in the comments! Also feel free to use it on your blog too.
Happy Wednesday friends!!