Updated on June 19, 2015
Why I haven’t been blogging
A couple of you have reached out and asked why I left blogland.
Thank you for reaching out, but you do realize, I’m really not that cool, right?
In all realness, I haven’t been blogging because….. well….I just don’t feel like it. I don’t have some big crazy reason. I’ve just been enjoying the extra time in the morning with my boys, working on the golf course, visiting friends & family, drinking way too much coffee (yes, still), taking care of Mike which really means harassing him, and farting around the beach.
I don’t have any future plans for the blog…I haven’t given it much thought. But for now, I’ll bring you up to date on a few things going on ’round here. How does that sound?
If we were having a wine date here are some things I’d share with you:
- What is new and exciting for you? Any fun summer vacation plans?
- Bam caught a snake while hiking with Mike. He’s fine, but the snake was not.
- He still chews his butt and sits by the kitchen drawer around 5pm every evening for a bone. I know, exciting stuff. Oh and we’re talking about Bam, not Mike.
- Pretty sure my half marathon running days are over, so I switched my focus to cycling and trying other sports. There are a ton out there and it’s been fun exploring new to me stuff.
- I am stoked to start taking surfing lessons! Hopefully I follow through since I just decided this yesterday. Ha!
- Can the 2016 Presidential election be over already? I’m over it. Especially Hillary.
- Current favorite photo editing apps are Snapseed & Mix. If you dig editing pics, get these!
- The GoPro is RAD. It’s been a blast taking pics & video especially underwater. The quality this tiny piece of technology puts out is incredible. If you’ve been thinking about getting one DO IT. All the cool kids are.
- We finally figured out the whole migraine thing. It’s actually fibromyalgia.
- The grandma hip is doing fantastic! Still a little sore/tight but dang near to my new normal. I am feeling so blessed and thankful.
- I signed up for my favorite race of all, the Mermaid duathlon!! They also have a tri if you’re brave enough to do the open water swim in the Pacific. If that’s you, I bow down.
- I just started training this week. If anyone would like to join me, use coupon code GOSCB10 and let me know so I can harass you.
- My goal is to finish strong. No time goals, I just want to be fit and strong. Boom!
- The ole paws still do not want to cooperate which is the big reason I feel like the half mary ship has sailed. Some days they feel good, others they are punks. Altra shoes have been a huge help. I may have ordered another pair for work. Dear Lord, please save me from myself.
- Other than that, life is so dang good. If it gets any better, Morgan Freeman is gonna have to narrate it.
Please tell me how you are doing? Seriously, I really wanna know!
If you could no longer run long distances, what sport(s) would you try?