Posted on November 15, 2015
Some life updates
Good Sunday morning!! I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Is anyone getting excited about Thanksgiving? It’s also my grandma’s Birthday so it’ll be extra special this year.
It’s been awhile since I last checking into the world of SCB, so let’s bring you up to date with what’s been going on around here.
- It’s officially the off season!! When the time changes, the course slows down and get to take the winter off. I’ll go back for a couple large events and Pro Am, but other than that I’m free like a hippie which makes Bam very happy because we go on a lot more adventures. Dude really needs a North Face vest.
- Speaking of Bam, he is losing his eyesight. He can’t see when it’s really dark, which means he’s been running into things and seems really confused. The other night he was in bed with me (which is a treat for him), Mike came home and he got really excited. He ran to the edge of the bed to jump down like usual, but couldn’t see. He walked back towards me and jumped right onto the nightstand and into the wall. When I rushed over to see if he was okay, and he was running into the wall. After making sure he was fine, I had to laugh. So now we’re working with him to learn his new normal, which is depending on his other senses to navigate the house. It would work a lot better if he had it in him to slow down, but that is pretty much impossible for a Jack.
- Last month we went to LA for the Shape Mag event, I also had an appointment with the IBS Treatment Center in Santa Monica. Mike heard about them, and their claim to cure IBS. We are still kinda skeptical because I’ve always been told IBS is incurable, but it’s worth a shot. The test results should be in later this month. I bring this up because I know some of you have similar issues, so I’ll let you know how things go.
- Have I told you I hired an online personal trainer? I forget. Anyway I’m on my second month of training and I really love it. We’ve been really focusing on strengthening the hips, glutes, quads & hamstrings, along with upper body and some cardio for a nice balance. (Loving spin class!) I already feel stronger and she recently increased my running time this month! She currently has me doing a run/walk. My next goal is to run one whole mile pain free. As you can see, I dream really freaking big these days, ha!
- I’ll leave you with some pictures from yesterday. There was a high surf & sneaker wave warning, so we drove out to Pacific Grove to watch the best show in town.
Now it’s your turn to fill me in on what’s going on in you life. Spill it!
What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
When do you usually get your Christmas tree?
Always right after Thanksgiving.