Posted on January 4, 2016
A new season
California snow. J/K it’s just ocean foam.
Happy New Year!! 2015 was a good one for us. It was filled with lot’s of new adventures, more traveling than ever, life lessons learned (some the hard way), healing, roadblocks, new friendships, living life and just an overall fantastic year.
With that, I’m still very thankful for a fresh start. Three hundred and sixty five shiny new days full of opportunity, dreams filled with the good stuff in life.
I’m ready to set some goals for 2016. I almost wanted to skip it this year because the last few years, my feet have failed me, but there are a lot of things I still want to accomplish. With or without properly working paws.
Some things I’d like to accomplish in 2016:
- Focus on being more present. I spend way too much time looking down at my phone and on social media, I feel like life passes by. Then I feel guilty or like I’m missing out. Because I am. It’s about finding balance because I really enjoy social media, so it’s something I want to work on.
- Pick up a new sport. Since running is on hold indefinitely right now, I dusted off my road bike and picked up an indoor trainer. I’m going to be honest here, cycling is not my favorite thing to do, but I am really hoping to give it a solid chance and hope that with time, my love for it will naturally grow.
- Fitness goals. I have missed training for an event so much, so I’d like to train and complete the Tierra Bella ride this spring.
- Focusing on nutrient dense foods. Since we figured out my food allergies & sensitivities I have been feeling so much better. After experimenting, I found that my body responds well to a high quality protein and fresh vegetable diet. Carbs are fine is smallish quantities as well, so I would love to try some new to me grains like amaranth, barley, buckwheat & millet.
- Consistency. Gosh if I were to choose a word for this year, it would be consistent. I have tons of great ideas and goals, but I suck at being consistent. If anyone has any tips on how to keep up the momentum please show me your ways.
That’s a wrap. I’m trying to keep 2016 simple, attainable & adventurous.
Cheers to a fantastic New Year!!
It’s your turn! What are your goals/dreams/visions for 2016?
Did anyone keep their goals from 2015? Please share!