Posted on February 17, 2017
Virtual coffee date
I have a few minutes this morning, so let’s do a virtual coffee date to catch up!
- Last week I worked ProAm. It.was.insane. In the best way possible. We had a record breaking sales day, which was totally RAD. I was a bit nervous to see how my body would react after being sick for so long then catapulting back to work more than full time, but turns out I did really well. I am so completely happy about that. Working a ton of hours closely with the same co-workers also gave us the opportunity to build a lot of comradery. Which is a great thing, because we all know how badly things could have gone, ha! We were riding high all weekend, deliriously texting at our 4:00 am wake up times, making up songs and getting shit done. It was exactly what my soul needed and I’m so, so thankful for them.
Here is a picture of the sunset on our way in one evening.
Then back to work the next morning to watch the sunrise.
- I just finished reading Life-Changing Foods by Anthony William using the Kindle app. It is such a fantastic read, I ordered the book, along with his first book, Secrets Behind Chronic & Mystery Illness and How To Finally Heal to reread and refer to.
- The Life Changing Foods book explains 4 reasons why illness seems to be at an all time high and provides 50 real foods that treat and help cure them. Anthony talks about what he refers to as “Spirit” who helps him identify illness in people around him and what to do. He also talks about the foods in detail, sharing qualities about them science hasn’t even discovered yet. Not completely sure how accurate it is, but still full of interesting information.
I’ll admit at first it’s kinda odd to wrap my brain around it…(I believe in God, but felt a little apprehensive at first) but once I embraced what he was writing, I felt much more comfortable. It’s a bit odd to admit, the book made me a little emotional and I’m not usually an emotional kinda chick.
- Yesterday, we got my test results back for the extensive (and expensive!) wheat & gluten test. Turns out I am completely fine with wheat & gluten. As in zero problems. LONG LIVE BREAD!!!!!
This is fantastic news, but still doesn’t shed light on why I still have digestive issues. In the meantime, I am feeling SO much better, keeping up with weekly acupuncture treatments, waiting on one more large intestine test results. Oh and I actually figured out how to (mostly) get my “slow stomach emptying” to work better again. I’ll share more on what I’ve done later because I’m still tweeking things to see if I can improve even more….or actually cure it.
- If you are dairy free or just looking for a plant based yogurt, you need to try Kite Hill almond milk yogurt. It is my new favorite thing, until my next favorite thing. Especially with fresh blueberries mixed in.
Another good one is So Delicious brand coconut yogurt. Especially using it to make chia pudding with fresh fruit.
Okay, I gotta go. Hope you are having a fantastic week!
What is your current favorite thing?
What are you reading right now?