I just can’t let Vegas go. Every time I see pictures or videos of the Bellagio or Sin City on social media I miss it so much.
I had a few questions about where we stayed and other random questions so I figured a post with the deets was in order.
Mike scored a schweet package through Allegiant Air for 2 round trip flights from Monterey and 4 nights at The Luxor for about $500. We left on a Sunday and came back on a Thursday so it was probably less crowded and cheaper.
We loved our stay there and would definitely consider staying there next time. It is located at the beginning of The Strip so the convenience of not fighting traffic to get in and out as we had a rental car was a big selling point for us.
But it is now my dream to stay at the Bellagio with a view of the fountain show.Which I am pretty sure you already know that was, hands down my #1 favorite thing we did in Vegas.
Walking The Strip was #2 in case you were wondering.
Mike would like to offer you some life advice. He said don’t do it. He made that mistake twice. Don’t worry, I am taking notes for his 3rd wife.
This is one time, in Vegas I got yelled at for taking selfies of us. Ha! #imnotescaredofyoucowboy
We also drove out to Red Rock Canyon which was incredibly beautiful.
Mike has blisters on his paws so we didn’t do any hiking, but it’s on my list for next time.
Another day we drove to the Hoover Damn and took the damn tour. Mike is a history buff so it was a great experience. I couldn’t help but think of the National Lampoons movie Vegas Vacation. Yes, I am so mature like that.
I bet if you ask Mike really nicely (and if you’re interested) he might do a guest post about the Hoover Damn.
Other notable things we did:
- The Shark Reef tour at Mandalay Bay.
- Walked through the Pawn Stars shop.
- Margaritas + beer poolside at the Luxor. Ah-mazing, I kinda wish we went more often.
- Mike’s Art Of Shaving experience.
- Drove to St.George, Utah-my first time there and already planning to go back!
- The Arizona state line-again my first time in AZ as well.
- Dinner at Texas De Brazil. <-go here and send me love notes. We were totally Templeton status walking out of that place.
- This guy.
- I wanted to do the gondola ride at the Venetian, but couldn’t justify $18.95 per person for 10 minute ride. Is it worth it?
- Worlds largest chocolate fountain.
I could keep going, but I’ll stop here.
Until next time, Vegas.
What should be on everyone’s list to see or do in Vegas?